August 20, 2026 | 05:41 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that the search process for an Indonesian crew member who went missing in an attack on a ship in the Bab Al-Mandeb Strait, Yemen, is still ongoing.
"For the Indonesian crew members who are still missing, search efforts are still being carried out by the relevant authorities in Yemen, and we continue to monitor these search efforts," said Heni Hamidah, Director of Protection of Indonesian Citizens at the ministry, to the press in Jakarta on Thursday, August 20, as quoted by ANTARA.
She said that to monitor the progress of the search operation for the MV Tihamah crew, the Indonesian Embassy in Muscat continues to maintain communication with the relevant parties, especially the Yemeni Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Yemeni Ministry of Foreign Affairs has assured that the search for the missing Indonesian crew member will continue. "They haven't said when the search will end," Heni added.
Furthermore, regarding the Indonesian crew members who survived the MV Tihamah ship which was attacked while docked at Bab Al-Mandeb port, the Director at the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed that they had been moved to a new treatment facility.
After being treated at the December 2 Hospital in the coastal city of Mukha, Yemen, they were transferred to Prince Mohammed bin Salman Hospital in Aden City on August 18. "The transfer was carried out considering the security and safety risks of the surviving Indonesian crew members," she said, adding that the Indonesian Embassy in Muscat had deployed a team to Aden to accompany the two Indonesian citizens.
He added that the Indonesian Embassy in Muscat is also ready to facilitate the repatriation of the two Indonesian crew members to their homeland in the near future. "We will continue to monitor the situation while making preparations to repatriate the two surviving Indonesian crew members," said Heni.
Of the two surviving Indonesian crew members, one suffered minor injuries from debris and did not require treatment, while the other received medical treatment at the hospital for his injuries.
When it became the victim of a bomb attack, the MV Tihamah ship was known to be carrying a total of 11 crew members, consisting of eight Pakistani citizens and three Indonesian citizens.
According to Anadolu, the government-affiliated television station Al-Jumhuriya TV reported that the attack, allegedly carried out by the Houthi group in Yemen, killed two Pakistani citizens.
The Bab Al-Mandeb Strait is the gateway to the Red Sea located on the western side of the Arabian Peninsula.
Read: Indonesia Condemns Bab Al-Mandeb Attack That Injured Indonesians
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
NTT Earthquake: Why Does Indonesia Refuse Foreign Aid Offers?
59 menit lalu

Indonesia extends its appreciation for the attention and expressions of solidarity from friendly countries, its foreign ministry said.
How Indonesian Gov't Muffles Dissent over Geothermal Projects
1 jam lalu

Local governments are mobilized to disseminate information about geothermal projects to avoid residents' rejection.
BMKG: Cloudy Skies to Blanket Indonesia Today
6 jam lalu

BMKG forecasts cloudy weather across the majority of Indonesian regions on Thursday, August 20, 2026.
China's Wang Yi to Visit Indonesia for 2+2 Dialogue: What to Know
22 jam lalu

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will visit Indonesia for the 2+2 Dialogue with Indonesian foreign and defense ministers on August 21-22.
Fact Check: Did Prabowo Secure Foreign Loans to Fund MBG, Village Cooperatives?
1 hari lalu

Fact check - Indonesia has secured investment commitments totaling Rp574 trillion from South Korea and Japan-not loans-for projects such as MBG.
Indonesia's Textile Industry Exports $4.85 Billion in First Half of 2026
1 hari lalu

Indonesia's textile industry recorded $4.85 billion in exports in the first half of 2026, while employing 3.8 million workers amid industry pressures.
Why Are So Many Major Earthquakes Happening in 2026?
1 hari lalu

Major earthquakes have struck Indonesia, Colombia, Mexico, the Philippines and Venezuela, fueling concerns that 2026 could be an unusually active year
How Indonesia Emerged as a Data Center Hotspot After Singapore
1 hari lalu

Indonesia is capable of absorbing data center demand, both in Batam and Jakarta. There is an increase in demand for land for data center projects.
Indonesia Eyes Electric Motorcycle Incentives by Sept. 2026
1 hari lalu

Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa said the electric motorcycle incentive could take effect as early as September 2026.
Why Indonesians Are Becoming Pickier About Where They Travel
2 hari lalu

Indonesian travelers now view travel as part of their lifestyle and a pursuit of personal experiences.
















































