British light-heavyweight boxer Ben Whittaker has revealed that his house was burgled on Saturday night while he was at a fight.
The Birmingham-born athlete was at a bout against German opponent Benjamin Gavazi, his first under the guidance of Eddie Hearn, on Saturday night.
It was a fight which he won with ease, twice flooring Gavazi within the first round to secure the WBC Silver light-heavyweight title.
However after a successful night in the ring, Whittaker returned to his Wednesbury, West Midlands, home to find it had been ransacked by burglars.
The boxer took to Instagram this morning offering a 'big, big reward' for information about the robbers.
'They even took my IBF belt,' the 28-year-old said, referring to the IBF light-heavyweight title belt he won in June 2024.
British boxer Ben Whittaker revealed on Instagram that his Midlands home was burgled last night
Robbers broke into the house while Whittaker was out fighting against Benjamin Gavazi in Birmingham
'Highs and lows of sport. Come back... house has been burgled. But Wednesbury, I got a big, big reward. Find these people, let me know.'
Whittaker's post seemingly revealed that the burglars had broken in through a window, with the blinds appearing to have been broken in the process.
A statement released by West Midlands Police on Sunday read: 'We are investigating after a home was broken into in Wednesbury shortly after midnight today (Sunday) with property stolen.
'Anyone with any information is being asked to ring us on 101 quoting crime reference number 20/459973/25. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.'
Whittaker is the latest high-profile sportsman to have been targeted by robbers after a number of footballers were also burgled while on professional duty.
In years gone by, stars living in plush areas such as Surrey and Cheshire have seen their homes raided by robbers. Jack Grealish, Angel di Maria and Newcastle United's Joelinton have all been victims in the past.
Only a couple of weeks ago, burglars broke into the home of Chelsea star Raheem Sterling while he and his family were at home.
It comes on the same week that Jamie and Rebekah Vardy had their Italian home burgled
Raheem Sterling's Surrey mansion was also broken into by robbers just a couple of weeks ago
It was initially thought that those behind the break-in were unable to flee with any valuables as they apparently appeared surprised by the fact that the home was not empty.
However it was later revealed by Daily Mail Sport that Sterling made efforts to protect himself and his children by confronting the intruders with a knife.
And just this week on Italian shores, former England striker Jamie Vardy and his reality TV star wife Rebekah saw their home raided by burglars who seized valuables worth £80,000.
The Vardy family moved to their villa near Lake Garda in the summer when the 38-year-old signed for Serie A side Cremonese.
But last weekend the family home was broken into by a gang of three men while Vardy was playing in his side's 3-1 defeat away to Roma.
A police source told the Daily Mail: 'We think the gang have been watching him and his family and timed the break in to coincide when he was away in Rome.'
The gang broke in through a window and made off with watches, jewellery, cash and other high value objects including a Patek Philippe watch.

8 hours ago
17

















































